Are you searching for important current affairs pdf of June 2013? As usual we have published here the important current events of the Month 2013 which consists of national & international news, news on sports, prize & award winners, science & technology etc.
Top Most Important Current Affairs of June 2013
- Defence Minister A.K. Antony visited China in June. India and China decided to initiate trust-building such as expanding direct contact between the two militaries.
- Mr. L.K. Advani of Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) announced his resignation from all party posts.
- According to the United Nations, Kerala is the only state in India which remains in the very high human development index (HDI) with respect to education, health and incomes.
- The rank of India is at 141 in 2013 Global Page Index (GPI) out of 162 countries.
- India’s first technical university for women has been inaugurated by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
- The wholesale price index (WPI) based inflation fell down to 4.7 percent in May 2013.
- The Union Cabinet has cleared the mental Health Care Bill, 2013.
- Cloudbursts broke over the Kedar Dome, the mountain north-west of Kedarnath Temple, Uttarakhand.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh announced a financial assistance of Rs. 1000 crore from the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) to Uttarakhand for disaster.
- According to National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), Kerala is on top in crime rate followed by Madhya Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
- Union Labour Minister Mallikarjun Kharge has been elevated as Railway Miniter.
- Janata Dal United (JDU) broke their 17 year-old alliance with BJP in Bihar.
- According to Swiss National Bank’s report, India has slipped to the 70th position in terms of money lying in Swiss Banks.
- Six hill forts of Rajasthan – Jaisalmer Fort, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Gagaron Fort, Chittorgarh Fort, Amer Fort and Ranthambhore Fort were included in UNESCO’s World Heritage List in the 37th Meeting of the World Heritage Committee in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh lays the foundation stone of the 850 MW Ratle Power project on the river Chenab in Kashmir.
- The foreign direct investment (FDI) into India has been declined by 29 percent.
- The current account deficit (CAD) of India fell to 3.6 percent of GDP in the quarter January-March, 2013.
- P Sathasivam has been named the next Chief Justice of India succeeding Justice Altamas Kabir.
- The Vice-Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia Najeeb Jung has been appointed as the new Lieutenant-Government of Delhi. K.K. Paul and A.K. Singh have been appointed as the Governors of Meghalaya and Andaman & Nicobar Island respectively.
- Prime Minister Mr. Manmohan Singh has inaugurated the 17.7 km-long Banihal-Qazigund section of the ambitious mountain railway. Dr. Singh flagged off the first train which will run across the 11.2 km tunnel, the longest in the country.
- India has placed successfully the IRNSS-1 A, country’s first dedicated navigation satellite in orbit with the help of PSLV-C22 rocket.
- Union Cabinet approved a proposal for an ordinance on the National Food Security Bill.
- Bodh Gaya temple faced the serial blasts. Two were injured.
- The rupee falls to a historic low of 61.21 against the dollar.
- Hon’ble President Pranab Mukherjee gave his assent to the National Food Security Ordinance.
- Mr. Hassan Rouhani became the new President of Iran.
- Massive protests have been broke out in Brazil of thousands of people frustrated by poor transportation, health services, education and security.
- The former CIA technical assistant Edward Snowden leaked that National Security Agency of America collects phone records and emails of people from different country including India using the PRISM technology.
- NATO handed over the responsibility for providing security cover to Afghanistan’s military officially. USA-led NATO will pull out all forces by the end of 2014.
- Mohammed Morsy, the first democratically elected President of Egypt, was deposed by the Egyptian military. The top judge of the constitutional court, Mr. Adly Mansour was sworn as the interim leader.
- Indian origin Mr. Srikant Srinivasan has been sworn as a judge in the US Court of Appeals for DC Circuit. He became first India-American judge in the second most powerful court of USA.
- The Emir of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani stepped down in favour of his son Sheikh Tamim for the first time in Arab history.
- Kevin Rudd became the new Prime Minister of Australia succeeding Ms. Julia Gillard.
- British-made light weight electric powered car, Lola B1269/EZ has crossed the world land speed record of 328.6 km/h for battery-run cars.
- Croatia has become the 28th member of the European Union (EU).
- Sebastian Vettel won the Canadian Grand Prix title 2013.
- India won the 2013 Champions Trophy beating hosts England in the final by 5 runs. Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan was named the Man of the Tournament.
- India won the title of 17th Bridge Federation of Asia and Middle East (BFAME) Championship 2013 at Ahmedabad.
- Punjab clinched the National Junior Men’s Hockey Championship 2013.
- Justine Rose won the US Open Golf Tournament 2013. He became the first Englishman to win this title.
- Spain won the European under-21 football championship title 2013 beating Italy in the final.
- Boris Gelfand of Israel won the Tal Memorial chess tournament 2013 in Moscow, Russia.
- Indian Shooter Priyanshu Pandey won the double trap Gold at the 5th International Junior Shotgun Cup 2013.
- India won Silver medal at the Asian weightlifting championship 2013.
- Parimarjan Negi of India won the D.C. International chess tournament 2013.
- Hosts Brazil won the 2013 Confederation Cup Football Championship beating Spain in the final.
Wimbledon Tournament 2013 Winners:
- Men’s Singles- Andy Murray of England
- Women’s Singles- Marion Bartoli of France
- Men’s Doubles- Mike and Bob Bryan of USA
- Women’s Doubles- Peng Shuai of China and Suwei Hsieh of Taiwan
- Mixed Doubles- Kristina Mladenovic of France and Daniel Nestor of Canada
Prize and Award Winners
- Indian journalist Vikash Jha has been presented with the 17th Indu Sharma Katha Samman 2011 for his novel MaCluskieganj.
- Indian-born sculptor Anish Kapoor has been conferred Knighthood in London.
- Ms. Vandana Gandhi, founder & CEO of British Orchard Nursery has received the Dubai Government’s coveted Emirates Woman Award for business excellence. British Orchard Nursery is the only ISO-certified nursery chain of West Asia.
14th IIFA Awards Winners:
The 14th IIFA Award Awards ceremony was held in Macau, China. The winners are-
- Best Film- Barfi
- Best Actor- Ranbir Kapoor for Barfi
- Best Actress- Vidya Balan for Kahaani
- Best Director- Anurag Basu for Barfi
- Best Supporting Actor- Anu Kapoor for Vicky Donor
- Best Supporting Actress- Anuskha Sharma for Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- Best Actor in a comic role- Abhishek Bachchan for Bol Bachchan
- Best Actor in a negative role- Rishi Kapoor for Agneepath
- IIFA Forever Award- Late Yash Chopra
Science and Technology
- The ‘Madeleine’ camera which was unveiled on 30th June, 2013, is able to capture smell.
- China’s defence scientists claimed that they have built the world’s fastest supercomputer named Tianhe-2.
- BBC News has reported that scientists have developed the world’s first high-resolution 3D digital model of the human brain named ‘BigBrain’.
- Researchers of Netherland Eindhoven University of Technology unveiled the world’s first solar-powered car ‘Stella’.
- A 15-year-old schoolgirl from Canada named Ann Makosinki invented a flashlight which can produce light just by using the warmth of the user’s hands.