Are you looking for January 2013 current affairs? Today we are going to publish a set of important current affairs of the month January 2013 here. Here you will find a set of very important current events on national, international affairs, sports, prize & award winner of January 2013. This current affairs questions will be very helpful for upcoming IBPS specialist officer CWE, SBI PO, SSC graduate level exam and other competitive exams.
58th Filmfare Award 2013 :
Very Important Current Events of January 2013We are giving below a list of top most important current affairs of January 2013.
National News :
- The trade of India with China fell by 12 percent in 2012.
- The Union Cabinet approved infusion of Rs. 12,517 crore in about 10 public sector banks in 2012-13 fiscal.
- French telecom company Alcatel-Lucent has announced to enter into a 8-year contract with Reliance Communications. The contract is of $1 billion.
- Union Cabinet has approved to impose President’s rule in Jharkhand state.
- Ved Prakash has been appointed as the Chairman of the University Grant Commission (UGC).
- The Repo rate has been cut by 25 percentage points from 8 percent to 7.75 percent by RBI.
- RBI also cuts the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) by 25 percentage points from 4.25% to 4 %.
- GDP growth downs to 6.2 percent for the fiscal year 2011-12.
International News :
- US President Barack Obama decided to hand over the security responsibility from NATO to Afghan forces in 2013.
- South Korea has launched the their first space rocket named Korea Space Launch Vehicle (KSLV-1) which carries a science satellite into space. This weighs of around 140 tonne. After the successfully launch, South Korea became a member of the exclusive global league of space-faring nations.
- Pakistan’s Anna Hazare, Dr. Tahir-ul Qadri with huge supporter protested for the immediate dissolution of Parliament and Assemblies of Pakistan.
- Barack Obama took the official oath as the President of USA for the second term.
- According to the International Labour Organization’s (ILO) report, the no. of jobless people globally will reach at 202 million by the end of 2013.
- David Coleman, 26/11 accused, has been sentenced to a 35 years in prison by a US court.
- China has successfully flight-tested a huge-sized freight plane named Y-20. This giant plane is capable to carry 66 tonnes.
- Due to a devastating fire in a night club in Brazil, around 230 people were killed.
- Iran has successfully sent a monkey into space in the rocket ‘Pishgam’.
Sports updates :
- Victoria Azarenka from Belarus has won the Australian Open single women’s title 2013.
- Serbian tennis superstar Novak Djokovic has clinched the title of men’s single in Australian Open tennis tournament 2013.
- Agnieska Radwanska won the Sydney International tennis tournament 2013.
- Soumyajit Ghosh of WB has secured the National Table tennis men’s championship 2013.
- The winner of the Volvo Golf championship 2013 held in Durban, South Afrika is Louis Oosthuzen.
- Kerala has emerged the 61st men’s National Volleyball championship 2013. They defeated Tamilnadu in the final in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Haryana has won the 39th National women’s under-20 hockey championship in 2013.
- Host India emerged the ODI series in 3-2 against England. India’s Suresh Raina has been chosen as the Man of the Series.
- Mumbai clinches its 40th Ranji Trophy crown beating Saurashtra in the final.
Prize & Awards :
- Best Film – Barfi
- Best Director – Sujoy Ghosh for ‘Kahaani’
- Best male actor in leading role – Ranbir Kapoor for ‘Barfi’
- Best Female actor in leading role – Vidya Balan for ‘Kahaani’
- Best Music Director – Pritam for ‘Barfi’
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Yash Chopra
Padma Award 2013 : Total no. of Padma Award winner is 108 (Padma Vibhushan- 4, Padma Bhushan-24, Padma Shri - 80)
- Padma Vibhushan – Raghunath Mahapatra, S. Haider Raja, Prof. Yash Pal and Poddam Narasimha
- Padma Bhushan – Rajesh Khanna, Adi Burjor Godrej, Rahul Dravid, Merri Kom and 20 more people.
- Padma Shri – Sridevi, Ramesh Sippi, Yogeswar Dutt etc.